Skip to content
- Durrance Lake, Barry and Colin, 2lb trout and some small bass.
- Ryan, lots of wild coho, only 3 hatchery keepers, Otter Point, 120’ deep, 4-8 lbs
- Peter and John with Good Time Dave, boated 4 wild and 4 hatchery. Fishing well off Beechy Head. Good coho fishing generally at this time.
- Peter – Poet Nook in Bamfield this summer, good fishing, but seals and sea lions taking a lot of hooked salmon, usually with terminal tackle as well.
- Ron and Sandy – Sooke – took 7 hours to get back to Victoria because of accident and road closure, no fish at Sooke River estuary.
- Dave reported how good Lampson Reels are at servicing their product.
- Potential fishing closures in local waters are becoming a great concern. Ron will take lead on it.
- Barry – Prospect Lake, 12-inch rainbow.
- Colin at Durrance, did well using a blob on the surface and booby down deep.
- Rob and Ryan in Langford Lake, caught 2 cutthroat smolts and a rainbow smolt.
- Ron going to San Juan River for coho in end of Sept/early Oct.
- Ryan 2 halibut and 1 coho.
- Ron, 4 Days at Bamfield, lots of fish. Fish were taking very small bait. Spoons worked well.
- Ken, Port Renfrew, no coho in bay yet, good sockeye fishing this summer.
- Dave, bottom fishing, then big coho, north end of Dundas Island.
- Tanquah Lake, not great fishing.
- Winston: Langford Lake 4lb Trout, Prospect no fish. Durrance with Pumpkin Head, a number of trout.
- Bill: Thetis Lake, 6 bass and 2 trout.
- Mick Pender Lake, 2 trout, 2 salamanders.
- Mike: Shanigan Lake, middle of night, Jittery Bug for bass, hit by Barn Owl.
- Fishing Buddy website: Humpty Dumpty website: Humpty Bass Extravaganza.
- Ron confirmed fishing at night for bass with Hula Popper.
- Rob on flies, no fish and Ryan: gang troll, 8 fish.
- Rob, Maltie Lake: spin fishing Cut Throat, one jumped 8 times.
- Mike: Fresh Water Jelly Fish in Durance and Maltie Lake (above Prospect Lake, smaller than Durrance, very deep, spring fed, clear).
- Ryan: 2 Salmon, Otters Point.
- Ken: Port Renfrew ? Bank Salmon, Halibut and lots of Black Cod.
- Ron: Halibut Fishing, Beecher Bay. Good fishing. Boats for Rent, $65 and $45/ hour.
- Ryan and Dale – Langford, gang troll with worm, lots of fish, biggest 3.1 lbs.
- Mike – Shawnigan Lake, lots of bass.
- John P – Little Ida Ann Lake with daughter, 1 trout and sunfish.
- Two-handed casting instructioin with WFA at Sooke River Campground, Thursday, 6:00 pm.
- Advice from Peter after scary stormy during Tahsis trip: When out with charter, rely on yourself, be cautious, be safe, IF YOU ARE CONCERNED, SAY SOMETHING.
- Winston – Fishing not catching story – 5 days at Tunkwa Lake, spotty fishing but enlivened by the suicidal trout that managed to hang itself from a handle at the stern of the boat.
- Ron – Peter Hope – Windy, but fished 7 out of 9 days – 6-7 fish a day, 19-21” rainbows. Wonderful trip, checked out a few other locations. A highlight was the Kain Valley – amazing brook trout and rainbow lakes.
- Brian – one fish from Fairy Lake is in freezer, on a little green fly.
- Ryan and Rob on Langford Lake – Lots of trout on gang troll. Landed 7 trout, lost at least 7. Big fish, 1.5 – 2.5 lbs.
- Dennis, Bill, Peter, Dave at Tahsis – 3 bedroom, Kitch Rough road in, good accommodation, good food. Lousy weather – constant wind and rain. Caught lots of Rockfish, only four salmon. Safety – waves were big and heavy, and there were some worrying mements. Art recommends fishing late July/Aug.
- Ryan – Constance Banks, fishing good.
- John F. – has booked Good Time Dave for Sat 4 Aug, a few are available for $200 each for the day.