Skip to content
- Robert – John and Dave went Cowachin River, no fish, no bites.
- Roberts Fly, given to him by Ray Wallace.
- GRR Fly Tying – Mondays, 1:30 PM, 1553 Clive Dr, Victoria – a good time is had!! Gold Ribbon Hares’ Ear next Monday.
- Dave – Haig Brown, 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Dennis – bring in Ray Wallace specials next week
- Ryan – slow fishing this week.
- Rob – Island Outfitters – Good fishing, leeches and woolly buggers. Spring stocking began last year (2018) in 1st week in March. Durrance Lake – lots of Mergansers in Nov/Dec.
- Winston – Haig Brown Fish out – no fish, Bazan Bay. Jim recommended getting in shape for fly fishing.
Oyster Farm at Sooke, fish out, 2 Feb 2019, 8:00 am – Haig Brown
- Ryan – citrus spoon, 9, 12 lb fish at Harbour mouth.
- John P, he has charter with Good Time Dave and has spaces.
- Island Outfitters – Beecher and Peder Bay, fish are being caught.
- Roger – Prospect Lake, no Fish
- Elk Lake – 2 fish
- Jim – use a good, soft net, not nylon or plastic. Deep throating a hook, use circle hook. You have to make your own Circle hooks. Use forceps to remove hooks. Wet your hands before touching fish. Another thing which can be done is: cut hook off and fish’s acid will dissolve.
- Sandy – Durance Lake 2 fish
- Ryan- Waterfront, 4 lbs, Spring. Constance Bank – 4 lbs, 1 x 13 lbs McCauly Point on spoon
- Ron – Salmon spoons donated by Ryan, $3.00 ea available.
- Barry fished Durrance Lake but fishing was very slow. Shore fishers were having similar non luck
- The fishout committee will soon be presenting plans for numerous fishouts both formal and informal
- The proposed trip to the interior in late May is in the planning stage and when accommodation dates are confirmed details will be reported to the members at an upcoming meeting.
- John went on a guided trip with Good Time Dave and caught numerous typical small winter springs of which 6 were kept.
- A tip passed on to Bob C is to fish around the freighters whose night lights attract fish.
- Robert – No Fishing by Club members
- Schedule of Fish Outs – Thetis and Langford Lakes suggested. A Regular time each month.
- Jim – Bottom fishing (Chrionomid Fishing)
- Colin – Roche Lake Has Resort, 2 lbs and up fishing. Last 2 weeks of May and 1st 2 weeks of June. Sandy have more choices of different Lakes in the area at the same time. More info and details will be forth coming.
- Dave – Blue Lights under Bridge are out in the evenings. Waiting for response from our letter.
- Ryan – lots of little fish (4 lbs). 16” fish on Banana spoon. Some Double headers.
- Dave – Fly Fishing for Bone Fish – 15-20 mins each fish
- John – Was fishing with Good Time Dave in Dec, caught some
- Bill – Good Time Dave late February, looking for 2 more to have 4 in boat.
- Fly Tying at CPO Mess Haig Brown – 16 Jan 2019