Our club cheerfully receives financial and/or equipment/material donations.
- Financial donations are placed into one of the funds below (or as directed by donor).
- Equipment/material donations are either kept for Community Projects and Activities, or sold off at our Weekly Meetings and other events and proceeds are placed into one of the funds below (or as directed by donor).
Supports Community Activities and Environmental Projects and helps ensure that the club will continue to prosper and grow. Two examples:
- 2019-06: $100×3 donated to three Camosun College Environmental Technology students for their mapping of the riparian zone vegetation below the heavily contaminated pond work on the Reay Creek Project.
- 2019-05: $2000 donated to World Fisheries for Pacific Herring study.
- 2019-04: $500 donated to BCWF Regional Kids Summer Fishing Camp on Comox Lake.
- 2018-03: $1000 donated towards the Peninsula Streams Society led Millstream Fishway Project to adopt 100 metres of habitat in memory of the environmental conservation work of deceased Victoria Golden Rods and Reels Fishing and Social Club members with special recognition of the recent contributions of the late Bill Carnes and the late Clive Lane.
- The restoration of Elk Lake as a key urban fishing lake is one of the main focuses of the Conservation aspect funded by the Legacy Fund.
Elk Lake Fund
Supports Activities and Environmental Projects associated with Elk-Beaver Lake.