We have a variety of Events, frequent types are:
All planned Events are in our Calendar with dates/times/locations/details.
1. Weekly Meetings
- WHEN: Held Tuesday mornings ~9AM-10:30AM (shut down for summer).
- WHERE: Silver Threads Centre 2340 Richmond Rd., Victoria, BC V8R 4R9, across from Royal Jubilee Hospital, click this link for Parking Map!
- WHAT: Over coffee, share fishing stories, tips, and perhaps a tall tale or two, the latest information on both freshwater and saltwater outings. Plan future Fishouts & Social Events.
- WHO: Average 25 Members plus Guests who are welcome to stop by for a free coffee!
- MORE INFO: Details of Weekly Meetings are in our Calendar.
2. Weekly Presentations
- WHEN: Held after most Weekly Meetings from 10:30AM-11:30AM max (shut down for summer).
- WHERE: Same Silver Threads Centre as Meetings.
- WHAT: Presentations vary from fishing, to nature, history, travel . . . speakers range from guest fishing experts to University Professors.
- MORE INFO: Details of Presentations are in our Calendar.
- Fishing outings/trips can be short 1/2 day to local fishing spots or multi-day up Van Island or BC interior.
- Unscheduled/adhoc fishing trips are frequently planned between Members.
- Details of our scheduled FishOuts are in our Calendar.
- We average one Social Event per month, sometimes just a Social, sometimes combined with a FishOut.
- Typically potluck meal at a park location.
- Details of Social Events are in our Calendar.
Frequent examples are:
- Providing people-power to Goldstream Fish Hatchery, Colquitz Creek Fish Counting, etc.
- Donated gear sales for fundraising.
- Teaching fishing.
- Details of these Events are in our Calendar.
- A group of GRR’s fly fishers meetup at Member’s homes to tie flies for fly fresh and saltwater fishing, and to be taught by our guru’s.
- Fly tying meetups typically happen in late summer (for salmon flies) and winter (for trout flies).
- Equipment and materials available for newbies!
- Details of Fly Tying Events are in our Calendar.