Skip to content
- Fish-out in Durrance Lake: Fish caught, hot dogs were excellent, Dale checked out nymphs, water temp and PFD (PFD worked, water was cold).
- Jim caught lots of fish, March Brown and Pumpkin Head were catching. Sunday Langford Lake no fish.
- Ron at Cowichan River, no fish.
- Ryan on 232 plug caught 13 lb Chinook.
- Barry, at Durrance Lake, had nothing to brag about. Jim, who doesn’t brag, caught a number of fish in Durrance, using a clear line, a type 3 sink, trolling with March Brown, fishing deep. The bite, as usual, started at 11:00 AM and lasted for half an hour.
- GRR fish-out, at Durrance Lake tomorrow 7 Mar. Hot dogs will be served at 1:00 PM.
- Ron reported fishing Whirl Bay on Sunday, no fish.
- An article on in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying Magazine cited new research by American fisheries biologists that showed that sea lions and seals are seriously depleting Chinook salmon stocks.
- In BC, Chinook fishing will be curtailed in some way this year. DFO is currently proposing a closure from Sheringham Point to Port Renfrew, as well as areas off Pender and Saturna.
- DFO has closed the commercial herring fishery in the Bella Bella area in response to complaints from the Heiltsuk First Nation.
- Barry on Friday attended Haig Brown fish-out at Durrance. Got one on for a few seconds!! Just 3 people fishing on the lake that day.
- Haig Brown Fly Tyers meeting this Wednesday, tying Dragon Fly Nymph with spun deer hair.
- GRR members fishing on Monday at Whirl Bay, John Francis, John Pierce, Bill Thomas and Helen Thomas, 9 Chinook. Had a great day.
- Cecil reported catching a 14 lb in the Gap.
- Barry on Durrance: a couple of fish on the line, water still very cold. Haig Brown fly tying Wednesday 21 Feb at 7:00 pm.
- In Durrance Lake, last week, Barry go 4-5 hits on booby and streamer. As soon fish was on, the eagle appeared.
- There is a new fishing app: Fly Craft Angling (stillwaterflyfishing.com)
- There will be a fly-tying seminar on Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at our regular meeting.
- We are hosting a fish-out on 7 March at Durrance Lake, hot dogs $2.00. More details to follow.
- Ryan reports Constance Bank fishing well, but the salmon are small and the seals are hungry.