Skip to content
- Robert – No Fishing by Club members
- Schedule of Fish Outs – Thetis and Langford Lakes suggested. A Regular time each month.
- Jim – Bottom fishing (Chrionomid Fishing)
- Colin – Roche Lake Has Resort, 2 lbs and up fishing. Last 2 weeks of May and 1st 2 weeks of June. Sandy have more choices of different Lakes in the area at the same time. More info and details will be forth coming.
- Dave – Blue Lights under Bridge are out in the evenings. Waiting for response from our letter.
- Ryan – lots of little fish (4 lbs). 16” fish on Banana spoon. Some Double headers.
- Dave – Fly Fishing for Bone Fish – 15-20 mins each fish
- John – Was fishing with Good Time Dave in Dec, caught some
- Bill – Good Time Dave late February, looking for 2 more to have 4 in boat.
- Fly Tying at CPO Mess Haig Brown – 16 Jan 2019
- Too damm cold.
- Ron from John P – Nov 30 – Power bait on hook no luck, Langford Lake.
- Brian – very slow.
- Ryan – caught 5, released 3 off Oak Bay Banks
- Thompson Bank – Chinook 2, 13 and 15 lbs this week.
- Constance Bank – 1 Chinook and 8 crab
- Ryan – Constance Bank, 2 springs using spoons at depth (150’)
- Dave – Reported on Island Outfitters summary
- Barry, John, Colin – Durrance Lake, a number of fish.
- Brian – 15-inch rainbow in Prospect.
- Ron found a nice campground on Sooke River above the pot-holes, could be a site for a club outing next June, with reportedly good fishing for cutthroat and rainbows.
- Ryan – 4 springs at Oak Bay flats.
- Dave – is in the Cook Islands, fishing for bonefish on 27 Nov.
- Roger – Winter springs, 6-8 lbs, being caught at Sooke and Whirl Bay.
- Report by DFO, “Implementation for Managerial Measures for the Recreation Harvest of Littleneck, Manila and Butter Clams and Pacific Oysters in BC Tidal Waters”: there is concern that this report is absurd in its content and threatening in reducing catch limits. The report states the DFO don’t know how many clams there are, how many clams are taken or where taken!!!, but want to limit catch anyway.
- Colin: Durrance, 1 trout, 6”. Lots of fish there, but not biting.
- Prospect: 1 trout, slow. Some discussion on fishing chironomids in local lakes.
- Ryan: slow on Constance Bank, not much in Sooke salt water at this time.
- Roger on Oak Bay Flats, 15 lbs at 100-150 feet, using a Blueberry Muffin.