Skip to content
- Ryan and Dale – Langford, gang troll with worm, lots of fish, biggest 3.1 lbs.
- Mike – Shawnigan Lake, lots of bass.
- John P – Little Ida Ann Lake with daughter, 1 trout and sunfish.
- Two-handed casting instructioin with WFA at Sooke River Campground, Thursday, 6:00 pm.
- Advice from Peter after scary stormy during Tahsis trip: When out with charter, rely on yourself, be cautious, be safe, IF YOU ARE CONCERNED, SAY SOMETHING.
- Winston – Fishing not catching story – 5 days at Tunkwa Lake, spotty fishing but enlivened by the suicidal trout that managed to hang itself from a handle at the stern of the boat.
- Ron – Peter Hope – Windy, but fished 7 out of 9 days – 6-7 fish a day, 19-21” rainbows. Wonderful trip, checked out a few other locations. A highlight was the Kain Valley – amazing brook trout and rainbow lakes.
- Brian – one fish from Fairy Lake is in freezer, on a little green fly.
- Ryan and Rob on Langford Lake – Lots of trout on gang troll. Landed 7 trout, lost at least 7. Big fish, 1.5 – 2.5 lbs.
- Dennis, Bill, Peter, Dave at Tahsis – 3 bedroom, Kitch Rough road in, good accommodation, good food. Lousy weather – constant wind and rain. Caught lots of Rockfish, only four salmon. Safety – waves were big and heavy, and there were some worrying mements. Art recommends fishing late July/Aug.
- Ryan – Constance Banks, fishing good.
- John F. – has booked Good Time Dave for Sat 4 Aug, a few are available for $200 each for the day.
- Barry hasn’t been out, busy with domestic duties. Many members are away.
- Mick and Rob were invited to go fishing on a small private lake on the Tod Creek watershed, Maltby Lake. Small, deep and very clean with a population of wild cutthroat. Mick was most successful with 3.
- Dave was in Edmonton and attended a meeting with his old fly fishing club, and ended up helping teaching Scouts how to tie flies.
- According to fishing guide reports they are doing quite well.
- Rob is in constant contact with Ryan and reports he hasn’t been doing well off the waterfront. Only a few medium sized fish are being caught.
- Dennis @ Buttle Lake: Beautiful weather, best campsites are now on reservation list, fishing was good. Dennis found that while fishing with down-rigger, speeding up and slowing down the motor to get over humps on the bottom seems to catch fish. Ron Estey – did well sight fishing off the camp beach. Peter presented Dennis with a unique award: Grudgingly Presented for Largest Fish.
- Barry: Durrance – not a lot fish. Colin: Prospect Lake – 8 good rainbows caught on an orange fuzz-ball. Bill: Thetis Lake – 5 Bass.
- John: Prospect – good fishing. Ryan: Prospect – 8 rainbows. He has a Minn Kota motor for donation. Jim visited Bass Pro store in Tsawwassen: amazing store, taxidermy exhibits and fish tank. Free shuttle bus from ferry to store.
- Ken: Prospect – fishing for bass, lots of fish, biggest 6 lbs.
- Cecil – Oak Bay – spotty fishing.
- Cluxewe – last week of July and first three weeks of August. Fish for salmon off beach. Look up on website.
- Ocean Boat: Malibu for sale.
- Barry, Prospect Lake – good fishing, Durrance Lake – not so good.
- Rob and Ryan – took home 8 fish.
- Bill – Fairy Lake, good Cut Throat, 3 fish. Thetis Lake – not good this week.
- Rob – Is sending a Cut Throat caught in “” to the Fresh Water Society for analysis.
- Dave & his daughter – went on Cowachin with Ward Bond. 12 fish each at least, brown, cut throat, rain bow.
- Buttle Lake, some getting good fishing, some not so good if you don’t take all your equipment.
- John caught Chicken Halibut with Good Time Dave.