Skip to content
- Jim – Sooke River – Lots of Chum – Clay Banks, Maddox Pool, Pink and Green colours were hot, lots of Seals
- Roger – 7 Chum, 1 Coho, 1 Chinook, fishing at Low Tide
- Jim – Sooke River – brought in Maribou, (mix colours) sparse is good. Slow easy casting, no fish.
- Bill – going on Thursday, 1:30 PM High tide
- Durrance – Barry and Dale, trout, 14 and 16 inches
- Winston – Nichola Fish and Game Club won decision for access to 2 small lakes against Douglas Lake Cattle Company
- Ryan – 18 Coho, anchovy, spoons
- Ron – 100 up to surface, Coho, 2-3 Km out
- Barry – No fishing
- Ryan – Good Coho offshore Possession no springs then went for Coho, green flasher, with long leader.
- Bob – Ron Duncan one 17.57# White Chinook took off landed, second lost as 40# leader failed, need to check each time fish on as biting down, used bait via fast drill-bit roll.
- Dennis – Son beachy Head hooked 6 Coho on small hoochy, all off one side of boat.
- Barry – Off Sooke 2 miles, 16” Coho & 12: tommy cod, buddy got 7# Coho and got big fish that at surface was sadly a small seal, got flasher but cut off leaving hook vs losing fingers.
- John P – Sooke Estuary with Dave McLean and Jack Mayer fly fished on rising tide flats with WFA (using spey rods and large colourful Prom Dress flies), salmon jumping, no strikes. Tried Billings Spit, few salmon jumping, ~8 fly and gear fishers, no strikes.
- Barry – Prospect Lake – some small bass
- Dale – Durrance – Cut Throat Trout – oversized black leeches off down rigger at 23’ 9:00 AM
- Winston – Prospect nothing
- Ryan – maintains water is still too warm
- Bill – no Chum yet in Sooke River
- John F – 3 weeks ago, double header, 15 lbs Chinook, some pinks
- Good Time Dave – good Halibut Fishing
- Ken – Port Renfrew – lots of Chinook
- Bill – Kyoquot – good fishing
- Peter – Bam field – great fishing – 100 boats in area, seals and sea lions were taking a great many salmon, there will be shortage of Salmon soon if we are not careful
- Roche Lake Report – fishing was not very good, John P – 6 fish.
- Jim M – Langford Lake, March Brown and Pumpkinhead, 20“ fish. Deep 6, go to backing.
- Winston – Marimichi River, New Brunswick, in John Boat – slow flowing, meandering water. Casting, hooked small trout. Cains River, smaller river, 100’ across, fishing in chest waders, flooding had broken off Alders on shore. Stopped at Atlantic Salmon Museum, worth the trip.
- Jochen – Diversion Reservoir – WFA – boat fishing and wading. Use Polarized glasses to see fish.
- Bob C – Prospect Lake – Good fishing for Bass, 73 degrees yesterday.
- Barry – 76 degrees, Durrance Lake, not good fishing.
- Jim – seals are not catch and release, not sure if catch and release works.