Skip to content
- Too damm cold.
- Ron from John P – Nov 30 – Power bait on hook no luck, Langford Lake.
- Brian – very slow.
- Ryan – caught 5, released 3 off Oak Bay Banks
- Thompson Bank – Chinook 2, 13 and 15 lbs this week.
- Constance Bank – 1 Chinook and 8 crab
- Ryan – Constance Bank, 2 springs using spoons at depth (150’)
- Dave – Reported on Island Outfitters summary
- Barry, John, Colin – Durrance Lake, a number of fish.
- Brian – 15-inch rainbow in Prospect.
- Ron found a nice campground on Sooke River above the pot-holes, could be a site for a club outing next June, with reportedly good fishing for cutthroat and rainbows.
- Ryan – 4 springs at Oak Bay flats.
- Dave – is in the Cook Islands, fishing for bonefish on 27 Nov.
- Roger – Winter springs, 6-8 lbs, being caught at Sooke and Whirl Bay.
- Report by DFO, “Implementation for Managerial Measures for the Recreation Harvest of Littleneck, Manila and Butter Clams and Pacific Oysters in BC Tidal Waters”: there is concern that this report is absurd in its content and threatening in reducing catch limits. The report states the DFO don’t know how many clams there are, how many clams are taken or where taken!!!, but want to limit catch anyway.
- Colin: Durrance, 1 trout, 6”. Lots of fish there, but not biting.
- Prospect: 1 trout, slow. Some discussion on fishing chironomids in local lakes.
- Ryan: slow on Constance Bank, not much in Sooke salt water at this time.
- Roger on Oak Bay Flats, 15 lbs at 100-150 feet, using a Blueberry Muffin.
- Barry – Durrance, two 8” trout; Jim – Bait fishers catching in Durrance, 13” trout.
- Book from Westcoast Fly Fishers is recommended reading and is on our website.
- Another book from WFF on fishing the Sooke River, again on our website.
- Jim – Fix waders on the inside, it looks better. Jim presented with Fish Hat by Barry. See pics on website.
- 4,000 trout put in Elk Lake this week.
- Billings Spit – lots of fish earlier, but after rain, nothing.