Skip to content
- Barry on Durrance Lake, last Tuesday, 2 Trout.
- Jim on Durrance yesterday, lots of fish on dry flies.
- John P. reported first time in belly boat on Durrance, 2 fish, a trout and bass.
- ]Ron gave advice on keeping hat on head and reel in line before you put motor in reverse.
- Langford was slow yesterday.
- Dennis on Elk Lake, last Thursday, 22 feet, 2 fish.
- Bill, Thetis 15 strikes, 1 in boat, 4 to boat. 1000 8-10- inch rainbow trout put in Thetis on Monday. Calabaetis hatch this week.
- With warm weather expected a black hatch is a possibility – a small hook dressed with black is the answer.
- Sandy and Ron planning a trip to Peter Hope Lake, 22 May-1 Jun. Anybody interested can join in.
- John P. caught 16 small herring for breakfast off the Craigflower bridge.
- Ron was prawning in Brentwood Bay, over 200 plus many potentially squat lobster.
- Ryan and Rob in Elk Lake for the Island Outfitters derby. Hooked about 15 fish on gang troll, 1 lb to 1.5, with a couple of bigger ones that got away. Derby-winning trout was 3.1.
- Dennis got a plaintive phone call that morning from his son Darcy, who had just lost a very large trout. Lots of boats on the lake.
- Fly Tying at CPO Mess this Wednesday, 18 April at 7:00 PM.
- Bill fished Sooke Basin on Sunday for cutthroat trout, no fish caught.
- Elk Lake, fishing not good this past week.
- Durrance Lake, Sandy falling in, some tires caught, fly used, March Brown. Bite started at 1 pm. Shore fishers with Power Bait were catching fish.
- Langford Lake, no fish.
- Ryan, out on Constance Bank, no halibut. Two salmon, 3 and 10 lbs, off Trial Island on the way back.
- Peter, fishing trip to Tahsis booked for 2-5 Jun 2018, now full.
- Barry: Sandy and Barry were at Durrance, both caught fish.
- Barry found lots of wind but no interested fish in Prospect.
- On Saturday, Bill and Barry caught fish in Durrance, and Lev hooked his first trout, briefly.
- Dennis on Elk Lake last week, caught 2 fish, trolling at 18 feet with Wee Tad plugs.
- Dave has a friend who’s selling an 8-foot aluminum jon boat with electric motor and depth sounder. Contact Dave if interested.
- 4 nights, three days fishing all found, $1500 per person at Nootka Sound Lodge. Contact Peter if interested in setting up a group for this summer.
- Barry reported 6 trout in Prospect Lake last week.
- Jim reported Durrance, fishing March Brown: a lot of fish, once he moved down to a size 12.
- Winston – invited GRR members to a Cowichan River Skunkathon, meet at Tim Hortons on Millstream Road at 8:00 AM Thursday. Stoltz campground at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM sausages and coffee.
- May 22, Sandy and Ron planning to go up to Peterhope Lake.
- Elk Lake Derby: 14 April 2018, $25 per adult and $10 per child. Every child gets a prize. A 12” Lowe boat with a 6 HP motor is the draw prize.
- Big halibut are being caught at 600 feet.