Skip to content
- Barry, Prospect Lake – good fishing, Durrance Lake – not so good.
- Rob and Ryan – took home 8 fish.
- Bill – Fairy Lake, good Cut Throat, 3 fish. Thetis Lake – not good this week.
- Rob – Is sending a Cut Throat caught in “” to the Fresh Water Society for analysis.
- Dave & his daughter – went on Cowachin with Ward Bond. 12 fish each at least, brown, cut throat, rain bow.
- Buttle Lake, some getting good fishing, some not so good if you don’t take all your equipment.
- John caught Chicken Halibut with Good Time Dave.
- Bill at Thetis Lake, great fishing using a beaded leech and woolly bugger.
- Jim and John, Langford Lake, fish are still there.
- Colin, Durrance Lake, 2 fish; Sandy catching on dry flies.
- Dale, Prospect, lots of fish just to the right of boat Launch.
- Rob and Ryan, Elk Lake, 8.5 lb carp and 7 trout including a cutthroat. There was a small discussion on cutthroat, sea-run and others. Jim will explore info on cutthroat.
- Dave had good fishing on the Cowichan River, but warned that the fish stop biting when the sun hits the water, so early morning and evening are now the prime times.
- Cyril has been fishing the Oak Bay flats recently, 3 Salmon, 9-12 lbs.
- Barry, Prospect Lake, got a few. Durrance Lake, a few.
- Dale, Prospect Lake, lots of cutthroat trout on yellow booby.
- John and Dennis fished Elk Lake, got three, John mightily impressed with Dennis’ boat.
- Ron on Durrance took Lev fishing, enjoyed it immensely.
- Bill caught rainbow trout in Thetis Lake.
- Jim advised using a size 10 hook and slow retrieve with boobie.
- Matheson Lake good for dry fly fishing at this time of year.
- WFFA fish-out tonight at Sooke Basin for sea-run cutthroat. Meet at A&W at 6:15 PM.
- Barry on Durrance Lake, last Tuesday, 2 Trout.
- Jim on Durrance yesterday, lots of fish on dry flies.
- John P. reported first time in belly boat on Durrance, 2 fish, a trout and bass.
- ]Ron gave advice on keeping hat on head and reel in line before you put motor in reverse.
- Langford was slow yesterday.
- Dennis on Elk Lake, last Thursday, 22 feet, 2 fish.
- Bill, Thetis 15 strikes, 1 in boat, 4 to boat. 1000 8-10- inch rainbow trout put in Thetis on Monday. Calabaetis hatch this week.
- With warm weather expected a black hatch is a possibility – a small hook dressed with black is the answer.
- Sandy and Ron planning a trip to Peter Hope Lake, 22 May-1 Jun. Anybody interested can join in.
- John P. caught 16 small herring for breakfast off the Craigflower bridge.
- Ron was prawning in Brentwood Bay, over 200 plus many potentially squat lobster.
- Ryan and Rob in Elk Lake for the Island Outfitters derby. Hooked about 15 fish on gang troll, 1 lb to 1.5, with a couple of bigger ones that got away. Derby-winning trout was 3.1.
- Dennis got a plaintive phone call that morning from his son Darcy, who had just lost a very large trout. Lots of boats on the lake.
- Fly Tying at CPO Mess this Wednesday, 18 April at 7:00 PM.
- Bill fished Sooke Basin on Sunday for cutthroat trout, no fish caught.