The following are Best Practices for users of our GRR club’s Chat@GoldenRodsandreels.com:
What Is It
- An email address that our Members can easily use for simple chat type communications, examples:
- “Going fishing Durrance on Wednesday at 1PM on Wednesday May 26, see you there, or email me at xxx.gmail.com to organize car pool”.
- “Social Pot Luck on Apr 31, 2018!”
How Does it Work
- When an email is sent to it, it automatically forwards that email to a group of emails on it’s list.
- To reduce spam, it only works/forwards the email from an email address on it’s list. It will send an error reply to other sending email address.
- The software is dumb, so a sender will also receive the email as they are in the list. This is good as that way the sender will know that it worked!
- As common with all bulk emailing software, receiving software can often classified it as junk/spam, so:
- Check your Junk/Spam Email folder for emails from Chat! If in junk mark as not junk, and your software will slowly smarten up.
- To reduce appearance as Spam, in your Contacts software add the Chat Email and give it a name, ie “GRR Chat”.
How Use It
- Create a new Email, in To line put email@example.com. Note: email addresses are not case sensitive.
- In Title put short useful note, ie “Durrance Lake Fishing May 23!”, no need to put GRR, software automatically set to start all Titles with “GRR CHAT:”.
- In body of email, type your detailed info including “replies to me at firstname.lastname@example.org”, add any useful attachments, then send.
- When replying, only reply to the chat email address if you want it to go to all ~ 50 people on list.
- To be added or removed from list contact Webmaster@GoldenRodsandReels.com.