The following are Best Practices for users of our GRR’s club Gmail Account:
- Logging In
- Go to Gmail website using your internet browser.
- Login with club Email firstname.lastname@example.org and Password.
- You should now be at Gmail homepage, with table showing Inbox emails.
- Create New Email
- Click on large top left red button Compose, a new window labelled New Message will appear.
- Entering Email Addresses
- In To line put your email address.
- To right of To line click on BCC.
- In BCC line type Members and choose email Group to send to ie “Members-All”, (or type Executive if just to GRR Exec). NOTE: By using BCC, lower risk of email addresses being harvested by spammers.
- Entering Text
- In Subject line, to get reader’s attention, recommend start Subject with GRR, ie “GRR – Durance Lake Fishout, March 20”
- In text area, optionally delete the two dashes and two blank lines above it (bug in Gmail software).
- Replace default “Enter your text here . . .” with your text. Recommend include “Please send replies to your email address”.
- Use menu at bottom of New Message window to format your text (ie bold, underline) and to add attachment files, or to insert photos.
- When ready to ship, click botttom left blue button Send.
- New Message window will disappear and at top of Gmail Homepage you will see a yellow box “Your message has been successfully sent”.
- Close internet browser window to exit.
- You can access Member’s Contact details by clicking on top left red word Gmail and choosing Contacts. In there you will also find Safety Contact details when available.
- Please do not edit Contact details, instead contact Membership Lead John Pierce via email Webmaster@GoldenRodsandReels.com to request changes.
- Please do not edit Email Groups (called Labels in Gmail speak), instead contact Membership Lead John Pierce via email Webmaster@GoldenRodsandReels.com to request changes.