The following are Best Practices for users of our GRR Club’s Chat@GoldenRodsandReels.com & Fun@GoldenRodsandReels.com distribution email addresses:
What Are They
- Email addresses that our Members can easily use for simple communications, Chat is for fishing club topics to which all Members are subscribed, while Fun is opt-in for Members and for exchanging jokes etc.
- Chat Examples:
- “Going fishing Durrance on Wednesday at 1PM on Wednesday May 26, see you there, or email me at xxx.gmail.com to organize car pool”
- “Weekly Meeting Minutes”
- “Social Pot Luck on Apr 31!”
- Fun Examples:
- “Funny fishing pictures”
- “Jokes about camping”
How Does it Work
- When an email is sent to Chat or Fun email addresses, it automatically forwards that email to the email accounts on it’s distribution list.
- The software is dumb, so a sender will also receive the email as they are in the list. This is good as that way the sender will know that it worked!
- As common with all bulk emailing software, receiving software can often classified it as junk/spam, so:
- Check your Junk/Spam Email folder for emails from Chat! If in junk mark as not junk, and your software will slowly smarten up.
- To reduce appearance as Spam, in your Contacts software add the Chat Email and give it a name, ie “GRR Chat”.
How Use It
- Create a new Email, in the To or CC line (not BCC) put firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Note: email addresses are not case sensitive.
- In Title put short useful note, ie “GRR: Durrance Lake Fishing May 23!”, so that readers know it’s about GRR.
- In body of email, type your detailed info including “replies to me at firstname.lastname@example.org”, add any useful attachments, then send.
- When replying, only reply to the chat email address if you want it to go to all ~ 50 people on list, and do not forward outside Members to avoid non-Members using them and to minimize chance of getting on spam distribution lists.
- To be added or removed from either list contact John Pierce via Webmaster@GoldenRodsandReels.com.