In Apr 2020 GRR Executive approved purchase of one year’s annual account for popular Zoom Videoconference, the following User Guide is for users of Zoom Videoconference:
What Is It
- Zoom.us is a provider of simple to use multi-user, multi-platform (ie SmartPhone, Tablet, Computer) Videoconferencing software.
- GRR uses Zoom for Meetings such as Weekly Meetings, Presentations, and Fly Tying.
How Does it Work
- Zoom Videoconference are driven by Zoom.us’s server vs from a meeting Host’s device, thus ensuring most robust service.
- A meeting is scheduled by a Host who has right’s to Mute All etc and is attended by Participants who have rights to Mute their microphone, video etc.
- Participants do not need a Zoom.us account to attend a Videoconference, nor do they need a Videoconference Password (unless the Host sets one).
- The software uses your device’s front camera, microphone, and speakers.
- If joining from a SmartPhone or Tablet you should not need to install the Zoom App software, but can do if wish to enable more features.
- If joining from Computer/Laptop, you may be asked to install small software from Zoom first, please do so.
- It is recommended that you test your connection before a meeting, with the meeting’s supplied Zoom link.
How Use It
- Just click on the meeting’s supplied link to start the Videoconference.
- Move mouse/touch screen to show on-screen menu at top and bottom.
- Top Menu
- Click on right Speaker/Gallery view button to toggle between the two different views.
- Click on right square button to display Videoconference as full screen.
- Bottom Menu
- Click on left Microphone button to enable/disable your devices microphone. Use your devices sound control to manage your speaker’s volume.
- Click on left Video button to toggle your camera on/off.
- Click on middle Share Screen button then choose a Window to display something from your device, ie photo or presentation.
- Click on right End Meeting to end meeting after finishes.
- Mute your microphone when not speaking as smallest sound (ie dishwasher) transmits well and interrupts the discussion.
- If temporarily leaving meeting, don’t just get up and leave (as rude to presenter), instead turn your camera’s video.